A compost with a proven track record of performance. Produced utilizing a combination of several feedstocks, including brewers yeast, wood wastes of various types, Biosolids, and at times, treatment plant residuals. Meets EPA 40 CFR 503-13 requirements for unrestricted use and distribution. BioComp is the compost of choice.
- Can be used with all plant types and in any type of soil (sandy to clay)
- Screened to 3/8”
- Compost of choice when salts are critical design factor
- Salts primarily nutrient and not sodium chloride
- AG index greater than 10
- Sampled and tested as required by Seal of Testing Assurance Program (STA) of United States Composting Council
BioComp, a Class I quality compost, is a stabilized organic material that can be used with all plant types and in any type of soil (sandy to clay). This compost (screened 3/8 inch minus) greatly enhances overall soil structure and improves movement of air and water within the soil — essential to healthy plant growth.
When salts are a critical design factor, BioComp is the compost of choice. Low salts also mean that you can safely double the amount of compost used and still have vigorous plant growth. Salts in BioComp are primarily from nutrient salts and not sodium chloride, as indicated by an ag index greater than 10.
By using BioComp , we help complete the ultimate recycling process.
As a Top Dressing —
BioComp® can be used as a top dressing, however the large particles limit its use to where grass is mowed high.
- 1/4” to 3/8’ (1 to 2 CY/1000 sq ft)
As a Soil Amendment —
BioComp® can be used at any time of the year, in any type of soil. It is especially well suited for use in clay soils where it can be used at twice the normal application rate.
- 3 CY/1000 sq ft or 1” Deep
- 6 CY/1000 sq ft or 2” Deep
As a Mulch—
This is one of the few composts that can be safely used an a mulch. It can be used for the protection of flower beds, especially perennials and sensitive root crops.
- 6 CY/1000 sq ft or 2” Inches Deep