Colony - Model 2+ - Manure Pit System
From Manure Pit Systems
Well accepted by the hens, excellent egg quality. The correct laying nest plays an important role when looking for economic success. Reducing the number of misplaced, dirty and cracked eggs is crucial for this goal. Depending on the house layout, Big Dutchman nests are available with one or two tiers and as wall or double nests.
- short rolling-off distances for the eggs → excellent egg quality → smooth transfer to the egg belt
- clever nest design with folding roof → easy nest inspection → easy cleaning → no hidden corners for mites
- divided, tilting nest floor → eggs left in the nest automatically roll off towards the egg belt when the nest closes
- the tilting floor closes the nest after the laying period → dirt of the day drops off the nest insert → the nest remains clean → low percentage of dirty eggs
- nest depth of 53 cm → 153 hens per tier in wall nests → 305 hens per tier in double nests