The Minimax was developed in the late 1990’s. There was a gap in the market for a good quality, good production sawmill that was a reasonable price. The Briggs and Stratton motor is both reliable and light with good power output. The first Minimax was a 10” x 6”, but with a change in the gearing configuration Sawmills New Zealand was able to increase the maximum size to 300mm x 200mm or 12” x 8”. The Minimax was designed to give you the option to cut a 200mm or 8” board on the horizontal or vertical. The Minimax is a light and zippy sawmill. It can be run very successful as a one man operation cutting 2-8 cubic meters per day.
The Minimax is ready to mill a log with the fine kerf blades and log dogs holding the log firmly. The chain block Rise and Fall is easy to use and accurate with the dial gauge large and visible. The Minimax packs down onto custom built trailer and is easy to tow behind a standard sized ute.
- MOTOR: Briggs and Stratton 35hp petrol gasoline. 2 year commercial warrantee. Khola 40hp petrol
- MAXIMUM CUT: 300mm x 200mm or 12” x 8”
- MAXIMUM LENGTH: 6 meters. 1 meter extension option
- MAXIMUM LOG DIAMETER: 1.5 meters or 6 feet down to 200mm or 8 inches
- SAW BLADES: 761mm Vertical, 560mm horizontal, 6.5mm tungston weld on tipped blades . Inserted tooth blades and fine kerf blade options.
- SHARPENER: 12 Volt grinder sharpens blades on the mill with diamond wheel.
- TRAVEL FEED: Friction Drive
- RISE AND FALL: Chain Block
- GREASING: Central greasing system
- RIVING KNIVES: Both blades
- CLUTCH: Centrifugal clutch
- GEARING: Standard, or hardwood option
- PACKAGING FOR EXPORT: 8.4m x .650 x .750. 900kg Power head 1m x 1m x 1.25 600kg
- WARRANTY: One year on faulty parts and workmanship
- TRAINING: Free in our yard