Moving Floor Calf Feeder
Calf feeding should be easy, hygienic and perfectly adapted to the animals. Moving Floor Calf Feeder is by far the easiest modular system that can automate calf feeding even to small groups of calves. The milk is mixed in a plastic bag with compressed air. Every other day, the old bag is replaced with a new bag. RFID indicates how much milk or concentrate feed that the calf should have. Simple and ingenious.
- The calf carry an ear tag with RFID. The ear tag is read and will grant/not grant the calf permission to eat concentrate
- The calf is given a small amount of concentrate feed that the calf easily finishes. A sound indication will teach the calf the correlation between putting her head by the feed tray and getting feed. A programmed feed curve indicates the calf maximum intake per day.
- The calf carry an ear tag with RFID. The ear tag is read and will grant/not grant the calf permission to eat milk
- The plastic bag will fill up with milk powder and water
- Compressed air is led down through the channels of the bag. The milk is mixed as the air bubbles up. The programmed feeding curve decides the amount and timing of milk to be given to the calf.
Time efficiency in calf rearing can be improved. Rationalize your day-to-day work and spend the time earned on the animals themselves.
is of great importance. A sterile, disposable mixing bowl is far superior to a washed mixing bowl.
Calves on Moving Floor has a general 20-30% increased average daily weight gain. Conformity of feeding is an important factor.
The modular system of Moving Floor Calf Feeder makes it cost effective to mechanize event the feeding of small groups of calves.
Length: 500 mm
Width: 400 mm
Height: 300 mm
Weight: 400 kg
Volume powder container: 40 liters
Volume of concentrate container: 40 liters
Container: Stainless steel and PVC
Feeding place: translucent plexiglass for comfort and control
Input: Shaftless screw of PVC and PVC pipe
Installation: only in barns >0 degrees C. Hangs easily on to Moving Floor Groupbox
Compressed air: 2 Bar, reducing valve on the Calf Feeder (compressor not included)
Electricity: 24V DC
Control: PLC (transformer not included)
Water: pipes with cold and hot water is drawn to the Calf Feeder, where there is a faucet (water heater not included)
Mixing of milk: Milk is blended in the bag by compressed air
Bag: Sterile bag to be changed every second day
RFID: Each calf carry an ear tag for identification
PLC: pre-programmed feeding curves