Platinum - Model Plus and Junior - Poultry and Swine House Ventilation Controllers
Rotem's Platinum Plus and Junior House Controllers are a modular system which manages all aspects of a poultry or swine house: climate, temperature, feed, weighing and ventilation. Designed for operations requiring a large number of relays, the Platinum provides a plug-and-play solution for growers wanting to invest minimal time in programming the controller. Alternatively, growers wanting to configure the controller to fit exactly their particular installation can set every detail.
Platinum Plus and Junior Controllers feature Rotem’s Precision Ventilation technology, an innovative technology that has revolutionized poultry and swine house ventilation worldwide. Precision Ventilation features Dynamic Cruise Control, which automatically adjusts the ventilation system according to the changes in temperature, humidity and static pressure. The system takes into consideration the wind chill factor, fan air capacity, minimum required ventilation according to bird weight, and the temperature differential between the two ends of the house. In doing so the Platinum provides:
- Optimal target temperature, humidity and CO2
- Optimal air conditioning; reduced humidity & ammonia levels
- Reduced heating & ventilation costs
Using a Platinum Plus/Junior is simple.The units feature a large LCD graphic display, and on-screen help and graphs. A Windows-based software package can be installed on any PC, enabling remote monitoring and control over the unit.
A Platinum Plus/Junior provides the grower with a large variety of functionality:
- Digital inputs provide data on the feed count , water meter, feeder overtime, auxiliary alarm
- 0 to 10 volt analog outputs enable control over light dimmers and variable speed fans
- Growers wanting to control their feeding operations as well as collect the data needed to properly analyze their operations can connect the controller to bird, feed and silo scales.
- Full control via a PC (both locally and remotely) is possible by installing a communication card and by connecting the Controller to a
- An optional digital input/analog output combo card frees a card slot, thereby enabling even more functionality
The Platinum features numerous backup controls that ensure that critical systems continue to function even in the event of an emergency (for example power or controller failure, communication breakdown and more).
- The Vent/Curtain Relay & Switch Card provides an extra margin of safety for vents and curtain opening
- The Emergency Card ensures emergency operation of five normally closed outputs if the main controller fails
Platinum Features Using the Platinum
- On-screen help and graphs
- Large & friendly numeric keypad
- Smart On/Off/Auto override switches
- Battery backup option (12 V)
- SD card port to save history & update software
- Modular system to meet specific requirements
- Support for Data Load /Save Settings using an SD card
- Up to 40 additional heavy-duty relays (refer to Platinum Extension)
- Complete remote communication with real-time visual outlook
- Precise fogging and cooling systems
- Upgraded natural ventilation program, providing much greater flexibility in defining the system operating parameters
- Variable speed fan support for exhaust/tunnel continuous/cycle functionality
- Cooling pad staging: This features enables mapping cool pads operation to tunnel mode operation
- Foggers staging: This features enables mapping fogging operations to tunnel mode operation
- Support for vent/curtain operation over analog output
- Support for potentiometer feedback on curtain/vent
Extended vent/curtain calibration support
- Support for zone inlet analog output control in Poultry Layers configuration
- Static pressure control
- 16 independent heat zones
- Support for floor heat control
- Support for proportional heater functionality
- Support for heat cycling
Water and Feed
- Feed management with integrated overflow alarm and shutoff
- Support for auger vs. silo layout
- Water on Demand functionality
** Relay control, which provides time-based control system
** Sensor control, which enables precision measurement of the water flow
- Current sensor for monitoring power consumption
- Low water pressure alarm
- CO2 and humidity alarm
- Fail safe emergency relay
- Detailed alarm and event log
Program accessories directly from the controller screen.
- Set the RDT-5's stage activation temperatures (which is easier than setting the temperatures on the RDT-T screen).
- Program the RLD functions.
Localized Software Packages