Roto - Model 274-12B - Rotary Compost Mixers Trailer
Model 274-12B is a horizontal rotary compost mixer with a mixing capacity of 270 cu. ft. and can hold a maximum load of 8100 lbs. It is designed to thoroughly mix materials to ensure rapid decomposition to produce quality compost. This rotary compost mixer, equipped with the patented GeneRation II Staggered Rotor Mixer, will uniformly blend materials in a tumbling action that does not pack material and helps introduce air into the mix. The rotor lifts the material past the wedging point of the lower side auger, resulting in a aerated mixture while lowering power requirements. Total movement of material in the mixing chamber eliminates dead spots that are common in conventional auger mixers. Optional conveyors allow for the discharge and distribution of mixed nutrients with microorganisms into static compost piles or windrows. Available in truck, trailer or stationary units. This size of mixer works well with small to moderate-sized composting operations.
- Single pole tongue allows for a tight turning radius.
- Trailer constructed of heavy-duty tubular steel with built in scale mountings.
- Heavy-duty hubs and spindles designed for years of trouble free operation.
- A wide selection of tire choices.
- Rear bumper is standard equipment.
- Short wheel base allows for tight turns and easy maneuverability.
- Adjustable hitch clevis allows the operator to level mixer with most tractors to maximize mixer efficiency.
- Heavy-duty, tubular trailer frame ensures long life and maximum scale accuracy.
- Weigh bar scale or load cell mounting.
- Load cell mounting comes standard with ROTO-MIX ball and socket type tie bars to connect the mixer to the frame. This feature eliminates side and end movement on the load cells which allows for scale dependability and accuracy.
- Heavy-duty leaf spring suspension on 720 and 920 units.