Straw harrowing is the best way to encourage weeds to germinate. Creating a quick and effective germination of weed seeds is essential in any direct drilling or min till establishment system. The Claydon Straw Harrow will encourage weeds to germinate quickly from the same depth at the same time. Because weed seeds are mixed into the top 30mm of soil, all weeds will germinate.
By mixing up and exposing damp chaff and lying straw to sunlight the Claydon Straw Harrow will dessicate slug eggs and reduce slug activities on the surface of the soil.
Passing over oil seed rape stubbles every two weeks will hoe out cotyledons which will reduce this food source for slugs.
1. Hydraulically adjustable tine angle
- Change the working angle to suit field conditions to ensure optimum tilth is achieved
- Quickly ease off pressure in wet or green trashy areas to avoid blockages
2. Wrap around’ extra thick, long life tines
- Unique Claydon ‘wrap around’ design means the tines have no pressure points to snap
- Claydon ‘wrap around’ design allows forwards speeds of up to 30kph
- Turn on the headlands with the tines down in work to avoid trash build up; they won’t snap!
- The ‘wrap around' design allows the tines to vibrate and create optimum tilth
3.150mm square box section
- Claydon Straw Harrows are built to last. Their frame is designed to handle very high working speeds
4. Five banks of tines
- Huge clearance created by 5 rows makes blockages unlikely
- 120 vibrating tines (on 7.5m model) engage the ground every 60mm ensuring the whole field is worked
5. Road transport
- All Claydon Straw Harrows fold down to under 3m for road transport
- Lightboards and protection guards are fitted a standard