Supel - Model Tox SPE - Cartridges
The need for a quick, simplistic sample cleanup approach prior to chromatographic mycotoxin analysis has brought about SPE cartridges that significantly decrease sample prep time, increase reproducibility, and are more user friendly as compared to the industry standard immunoaffinity columns. In addition the Supel Tox SPE approach requires less equipment and fewer consumables. Unlike the multiple step 'bind and elute' strategy implemented when using immunoaffinity columns, the Supel Tox AflaZea, DON, and Tricho SPE cartridges employ an 'interference removal' strategy which saves time by eliminating wash steps prior to elution of aflatoxin, zearalenone, deoxynivalenol, and tricothecenes (type A and B), respectively. Cartridges removing interferences associated with analysis of the above and fumonisins (B1 and B2) as well as ochratoxin A are also available as a part of our Supel Tox product offering.
- Removes interferences associated with mycotoxin analysis
- Better reproducibility than the current industry standard, immunoaffinity columns
- Basic and quick methodology, requires little additional method development
- Sample preparation time is ten times faster than when using immunoaffinity columns
- Improved shelf life over immunoaffinity columns due to thermally stable format
- No refrigeration required for shipping and storage
In the “bind and elute” strategy, the analyte of interest becomes bound to the SPE sorbent. The unwanted matrix is removed, and the analyte is ultimately eluted. In “interference removal,” the unwanted matrix components remain bound to the sorbent, while the purified analyte is eluted. This strategy reduces the number of purification steps, allowing for time savings and increase in sample throughput. The Supel™ Tox AflaZea, DON and Tricho SPE cartridges employ the “interference removal” strategy.
- Ten times faster – ten times sample throughput
- Vast improvement in reproducibility
The following is an experiment comparing the use of the Supel Tox AflaZea SPE cartridge to a leading immunoaffinity column for the analysis of aflatoxins B1, B2, G1 and G2 in peanut paste. The results illustrate Supel Tox AflaZea SPE cartridges are superior to immunoaffinity columns in terms of process simplicity, time required for sample preparation, and control of variation.