Vermeer - Model CT820 - Compost Turner
From Compost Turners
The professional-grade CT820 turns up to 6300 tons (5625 metric tons) of compost per hour. Rugged belt-drive operation and a heavy-duty frame give it the strength to get the job done, day after day. A state-of-the-art cab makes operation a pleasure and low-maintenance components reduce the need for repairs. Inside and out, the CT820 is built to last and equipped to take on anything.
- Take command with an intuitive PT Tech clutch for easy, safe drum operation. The SPB820 also features high ground speeds and smart steering controls.
- Put it to the test. The low-maintenance drum system and heavy-duty structural steel frame were built to stand up to abuse while requiring minimal maintenance.
- Work smarter with the SPB820’s large-diameter drum, which allows more oxygen to infiltrate the windrow to shorten the compost cycle.
- Ride in comfort and safety in the SPB820’s state-of-the-art cab. Automatic shut-off and easy maintenance also make this compost turner as safe as possible.
- See your Vermeer dealer for comprehensive service and genuine Vermeer replacement parts.
The CT820 by Wildcat is a high-performing, self-propelled straddle turner capable of turning windrows 8' (2.4 m) high by 20' (6.1 m) wide. It features a .75' (1.9 cm) thick drum wall and a 54' (137.2 cm) flail-tipto- flail-tip drum diameter for extra capacity and durability. The CT820 is capable of turning up to 6300 tons (5715.3 tonnes) per hour.
As with the CT718, the CT820 also features a microprocessor-controlled wet hydraulic clutch to power a patented dual poly chain drum-drive system. This eliminates V-belts and chains, resulting in efficient power transfer, low maintenance and longer service life. The turner also has a climate-controlled, extendable, center-mounted cab that provides excellent operator visibility and comfort. The enclosed engine compartment helps keep the radiator clear and minimizes UV exposure damage to hoses and wiring and features convenient service access to both sides of the engine and hydraulic pumps.
- Max width: 30' (9.1 m)
- Max height (operational): 20' (6.1 m)
- Max height (transport): 14.5' (4.4 m)
- Max length (operational): 16' (4.9 m)
- Max length (transport): 9.5' (2.9 m)
- Max ground clearance: 19' (48.3 cm)
- Weight: 52,000 lb (23,586.8 kg)
- Make and model: Caterpillar C15 Tier 3
- Number of cylinders: 6
- Horsepower: 540 hp (402.7 kW)
- Battery: 12V – 950 CCA, 2850 CCA total
- Windrow width: 20' (6.1 m)
- Windrow height: 8' (2.4 m)
Turning System – Drum
- Drum diameter (including flails): 54' (137.2 cm)
- Length of drum: 18' (5.5 m)
- Number of flails: 114
- Flail dimensions: .75' x 4' x 11.63' (1.9 cm x 10.2 cm x 29.5 cm)
- Drum wall thickness: .75' (1.9 cm)
- Drum clutch: PT tech microprocessor-controlled wet hydraulic clutch
- Mainframe: Constructed of 6' x 6' x .25' (15.2 cm x 15.2 cm x .6 cm), 6' x 4' x .38' (15.2 cm x 10.2 cm x 1 cm) and 8' x 6' x .5' (20.3 cm x 15.2 cm x 1.3 cm) steel tube with continuous welding
- Tires: 54 L x 37-25, 12-ply floatation deep-tread traction tires (4)
- Display type: LCD readout and LED warning lights
- Gauges: Engine rpm, fuel level, fuel pressure, engine coolant temperature, drum rpm, clutch pressure
- Controls: Engine ignition, throttle, clutch engage/disengage, raise/lower, thrown object deflector, ground drive
Ground Drive – Tires
- Ground drive type: Standard 4-wheel-drive system (2-wheel optional)
- Max speed: 4.4 mph (7.1 km/h)
- Operator and training seats