Poseidon provides specialist independent experience on compensation claims of a truly global nature in terms of geographical experience, language capability, and knowledge of different fleet segments, marine environments, and aquaculture operations.
Expertise covers three main areas:
Marine pollution impacts
- Post-incident technical assessment of economic/financial, environmental and social impacts;
- Development of compensation methodologies to determine losses;
- Support for compensation negotiations, and liaison between claimants and authorities/insurance companies;
- Modelling of alternative outcomes of incidents; and
- Pre-impact assessments of fisheries in high risk areas
Cargo damage impacts
- Assessment of the extent of damage to fish products in terms of quality;
- Quantification of market damage/economic loss, resulting from lost sales or reduced prices; and
- Identification of ways to reduce risk and improve monitoring.
- Assessment of the financial impacts (on assets and revenues) to vessels and aquaculture facilities following collisions and natural disasters;
- Quantification of the financial impacts on vessel operators of reduced access due the inability to access fishing grounds, or a requirement to modify fishing activities (e.g. from wind farms, pipelines); and
- Quantification of loss of earnings following personal injury.