Proprietary Software for Monitoring, Controlling, and Recording Phytotron Environmental Conditions
Proprietary network-based control software is used to establish, monitor, control, and record the environmental conditions in a number of phytotrons using a single host computer. The elements of this environmental control system include the software, a host computer, ethernet switch box, and control modules located in the phytotron.
The software provides the following elements:
- Display of all the critical information about the current conditions of the phytotrons including:
- readings of temperature
- status of each electrical component, whether on or off.
- The phytotron set-points setup field allows the operator to specify the desired phytotron conditions including the following:
- a. Temperature set-points
- b. Humidity set-points
- c. Light scheme set-points, including the 24-hour period during which the lights would be turned on or off
- d. Nutrient solution spray scheme, including how often and for how long during the light period and during the dark period
- The phytotron operation condition setup enables the operator to define the phytotron operating settings.
- Chamber operation conditions are recorded at minute intervals specified by the operator. These data files are available for review in real-time. The data files are recorded as Microsoft Excel compatible which allows for ease of transferring the files to a more permanent format for review and manipulation as may be desired by the operator.