BCS products came to America in the early 1970’s at a time when Americans were re-discovering the joys of vegetable gardening and pursuing self-sufficiency. The tractor with tiller attachment was an instant success because of its superiority to the rear-tine tillers produced by US manufacturers of homeowner-quality lawn and garden equipment. In addition to gardening, rural property owners soon found that the front-mount cutter bar attachment was ideal for mowing pond banks, under fences, around semi-dwarf fruit trees, etc. Commercial farmers, nurseries, public and private institutions then began using BCS tractors and attachments for all those applications for which four-wheel tractors are poorly suited – mowing steep roadside banks, sweeping snow from pedestrian walkways, intensive cultivation and so on. Almost forty years later, there are now many tens of thousands of BCS owners in the US and Canada.
In 1942, Engineer Luigi Castoldi developed a self-propelled sickle bar mower that helped revolutionize agriculture by increasing productivity and dramatically reducing the physical effort needed to harvest hay and other forage crops.
Today, Engineer Castoldi’s company, BCS S.p.A, continues to fulfill its mission to increase its customers’ productivity while reducing physical effort. Easy-to-use, versatile two-wheeled tractors have been developed to perform a wide range of tasks, ranging from all types of mowing — to seedbed preparation — to snow removal.
With more than two million customers in 80+ countries, BCS is the largest manufacturer of two-wheeled tractors and attachments in Europe. The factory, near Milan, Italy, continues to expand to meet the growing demand for these all-gear-driven, multi-purpose tractors that are built to provide customers decades of reliable service.
Supporting them are 700+ servicing dealers, four regional distributors, and a national headquarters (in Portland, Oregon).