Industrial Plankton Inc.
Industrial Plankton Inc. designs and manufactures turnkey bioreactors in Canada for clean, on-site, live plankton production for aquaculture, research lab, and biotechnology uses. Our technology is optimized for reliability, ease of use, and biosecurity. Customers operate our photobioreactors in 19 countries around the globe. Our equipment is highly automated, increasing reliability and saving operators countless hours. The result is trustworthy equipment capable of easily and reliably producing biosecure, high-density plankton. We outgrew our space (again!) so we recently moved to a new facility near the seaport in Victoria, B.C. 2020 Newsletter: https://mailchi.mp/2cbd1ae8d3f2/industrial-plankton-news-2020?e=bb220a1352
Global Innovation From Canada
Bioreactors for clean, on-site, live plankton production
Live Algae and Rotifer Culture Equipment
Our bioreactors are the solution for on-site algae or rotifer culture, letting you focus on growing your business instead of your plankton.
- 2010: Founded in Victoria, British Columbia, Canada & started intensive R&D on live plankton production
- 2012: First commercial 1000L Algae bioreactors (PBR 1000L) installed
- 2014: 100L Research Algae bioreactor (PBR 100L) launched
- 2016: PBR 1250L is released doubling the phytoplankton production from the PBR 1000L, and making it easier than ever to 2018: culture challenging algae like diatoms and haematococcus
- 2018: 2500L Dual Algae bioreactor (PBR 2500L) is launched for large volume algae feed and live plankton production
- 2020: Office expansion doubling production space to adapt to growing orders
Our equipment improves operational efficiency by solving the major problems with on-site algae production.
Automation saves hours every week and enables users to optimize production simply through the touchscreen controls, in person or remotely.
The self-cleaning and closed tank design prevents contamination entering and keeps cultures cleaner, longer.
All vital parameters are automatically controlled and easily adjusted, yielding consistent reliable algae production.
Our design achieves incredible densities with consistent daily production, significantly reducing floorspace requirements for live algae production.