Agro Vision - Root Trainers
From Trays, Pots, Root Trainers
Root Trainers are conical cells having 5 to 6 ridges inside and a small drainage hole on the bottom. Root trainers are available singly or in a block with various volumes like 100, 150, 250, 300 cc each. These cones in fact train the root naturally in a way that roots develop parallel to ridges inside the cone and are self pruned without coiling. Here, the air can enter the root zone but sun light cannot. The blocks of root trainer are kept on stands which are about 15 cm above the ground level. These blocks can be transported easily, are long lasting, require less growth medium and water. The application of fertilizer and insecticide is also easy in these Root Trainers. More plants can be raised in smaller area. Pest control management is also easy and more efficient in root trainer method.
Most popular related searches
The Advantages of Root Trainers
- They require lesser area/space for production of planting stock.
- They require lesser quantity of potting medium.
- They are well aerated.
- They permit aerial p[running of roots.
- They wonderfully allow the growth of lateral/adventitious roots, thereby, morphologically
Desirable, vigorous, balanced root system is developed.
- They produce planting stock free from root coiling/spiraling.
- The planting stock, on out planting, gets established earlier.
- The survival percentage and growth rates are better in the field.
- They produce homogenous and superior quality planting stock; thereby increase the
Productivity of the plantations.
- They are easy to handle ergonomically.
- They are used repeatedly and are durable.
- The cost of potting medium, weeding, watering, transporatation etc is lesser.
- They are eminently suitable for large scale production of seedlings and large scale planting programmes.
No reviews were found for Agro Vision - Root Trainers. Be the first to review!