Continuous Manure Applicator (CMA)
From Manure Equipment
Side-Dress Liquid Manure With Hard Hose Row Crops During The Growing Season. Cadman has taken a concept brought forward by the Alig brothers of Ohio to design, build and market a new Continuous Manure Applicator (CMA) which is engineered to apply liquid manure via side-dress to row crops such as corn in fields as long as a ½ mile. The Alig brothers brought their patent-pending concept and four years of data collected by Ohio State University to Cadman where they used an example of corn side-dressed with liquid manure once the corn was in the ground. The data concluded that the best time to apply manure is when the corn reaches between 3 to 4 feet in height.
When can you apply manure?
The Cadman CMA enables farmers to apply manure virtually whenever it is required. Manure can be applied to crops before, after, and now during the crop cycle. Nutrient can be applied to the crop up until it reaches 3 to 4 feet tall.
How to maximize the value of manure?
You can maximize the value of manure by applying it at it's peak nutritional value - when it is fresh. Applying manure with the Cadman CMA row crop unit could give a potential of a 200 bushel corn crop by basically using manure only.
How do you eliminate compaction?
You eliminate compaction by incorporating a linear drag hose system. The CMA carries enough hose (a ½ mile) so you don't have to drive over the same path repeatedly by filling and refilling exceedingly heavy tankers which damages and compacts soil.
How to solve an ongoing environmental concerns?
With the CMA, the manure is pumped right from the manure source to the CMA and row crop injector which is then injected directly into the ground - exactly where it is supposed to go. Injecting nutrient directly into the soil eliminates any chance of nutrient run-off, keeping watersheds clear of contamination.
How to combat the rising cost of synthetic fertilizers?
Manure is a more readily available nutrient source. Using manure increases the water-holding capacity / infiltration / organic matter of soil better than synthetic fertilizers. Simply put, manure is a superior replacement for fertilizers and when applied correctly - in a timely matter with a Cadman CMA - you will see greater results at a fraction of the cost.
UTILIZING THE BENEFITS OF YOUR MANURE HAS NEVER BEEN EASIER! CONTINUOUS MANURE APPLICATOR: CMA
The CMA generates a larger time window for spreading liquid manure, allowing you to spread via side-dress, during the row crop growing season.The most recent research has proven that the CMA can generate more profits by utilizing the nutrients in manure (N, P & K) while the crop is growing. At the same time, public concerns are minimized by utilizing incorporation vs spraying of liquid manure. There is a reduction in runoff because of the incorporation of liquid manure in the soil during application, which in turn reduces the smell for your neighbours. Incorporation with the CMA introduces a new and innovative method to meet current and upcoming regulations.
With government agencies pushing to limit fall application on post-harvest soil, storage capacity is expected to increase to allow for a longer timeframe before the spring spreading season begins. By using the manure during the growing season, the CMA allows you to keep a manageable amount of storage; which is exactly what you need to make the best use of the nutrients in the manure. The loss of nutrient value when applying manure pre- and post-crop, necessitates the use of artificial fertilizers. The ground impact of applying liquid manure is reduced with the CMA. Compaction is limited by using only a tractor and incorporation toolbar, pulling a hose. CMA allows you to apply liquid manure during the crop growing season!
- One person operation
- Hose deployment and retraction is controlled remotely
- Pull the hose out as far as a ½ mile Utilize the nutrients in the manure and replace synthetic fertilizer Use hose instead of tankers and eliminate compaction
- Eliminate run-off and put the nutrients on when they are needed by the crop Get the most nutrients from your manure and side-dress your crop up to 4’ tall.
- Stops compaction by keeping the tankers off the soil Increase yield by 7 - 15%. Payback in two pumping seasons or less!
*Payback calculations are based on total acres applied as well as nutrient content of the manure vs. applied rate. Please contact you local Cadman rep. for a complete payback calculation.
- The tractor pulls the injector with the patented CMA swivel arm. The arm pulls out the 5.5” I.D. hard hose away from the CMA and incorporates in 30’ or 40’ width rows.
- When the tractor gets to the opposite end of the field (up to a ½ mile), the tractor turns 180° and comes back down the field, incorporating another 30’ and 40’ strip. When the tractor turns, the swing arm turns to the side of the toolbar, which keeps the hose in the same row it was pulled out on.
- The tractor returns at the same speed it is pulled out. Tractor ground speed on the return trip is synchronized with the rate of speed that the CMA rewinds the hose
- The 4WD CMA reel and steering is controlled remotely from the applicator tractor cab. While the operator is completing his return trip, the remote automatically moves the CMA forward another 60' or 80’ in order to start another pass.
*Optional GPS system automatically steers the CMA reel in the head land.
- Hose I.D. & Length: 5.5' x 2700'(823m)
- Other sizes available upon request.
- Choose from 30' or 40' wide
- Galvanized wings and frame
- AerWay®, Dietrich, VTI and Yetter Avenger tooling available. For other tooling, please call.
Other application options:
- Vogelsang Dribble-Bar BackPac
After accumulating 4 years of *data from a study which concluded that placing manure on a growing crop is the best use of manure and allows the crop to best utilize the nutrients within its composition - resulting in a yield as much or more than conventional fertilizer.Using current average manure test results, a swine finish manure pit has the equivalent, using 6000 U.S. gallons per acre application rate, has 195 units of nitrogen, 250 units of P205 and 185 units of K2O. When comparing the value of manure to current cost of commercial fertilizer that gives you at least $290.00 worth of organic matter that’s in manure. Applying manure with the Cadman CMA row crop unit could give a potential of 200 bushel corn crop by basically using manure only.
Dairy lagoon manure can average similar results, using average manure *test at a rate of 13,500 gal per acre, will give you an estimated value of at least $250.00 of N, P, K per acre.Using the Cadman CMA and row crop tool bar concept by the Alig brothers of Ft. Recovery OH will enhance the best management practices of manure application.
* Manure use data acquired from Ohio State University, OARDC Northwest Branch, Com Research Plots.*Test results of the manure are assumed available about 50% of the available nitrogen. Application rates and manure tests should be on an individual basis of each lagoon or pit.