CRUISER seed treatment is an innovative, environmentally safe insecticide, which provides instant, early-season, broad-spectrum pest control, thereby enhancing plant vigor and crop yield potential. CRUISER is a neonicotinoid seed treatment insecticide. Seeds treated include corn, cotton, cereals, sugar beet, oilseed rape (canola) and rice. As the plant grows, CRUISER is absorbed and distributed within the plant. The early-season pests, which suck and chew on the crop during its most vulnerable and tasty phase (the first 30 to 40 days of growth) are intoxicated when they try to feed on the treated crops. CRUISER also controls pests in the zone around the crops' root system.
The high-performance seed treatment insecticide for the world's major crops.
- Additional brands: HELIX, APRON STAR
- Active Ingredient: The active ingredient in CRUISER, thiamethoxam, belongs to a subclass of neonicotinoid chemistry.
- Mode of action: CRUISER is a systemic seed treatment insecticide. It protects against target pests by interfering with receptors that transmit the message to continue feeding. CRUISER acts on different sites of action in the insect than do organophosphates, carbamates or pyrethroids.
- Targets: CRUISER provides control of a wide range of early season sucking and chewing, leaf-feeding and soil-dwelling insect pests, such as aphids, wireworms, flea beetles, and leafminers.
- Main crops: CRUISER is used to treat the seeds of corn, cotton, sugar beets, oil seed rape, canola, wheat, barley, soybeans, sorghum and other field crops.
- Geography: World-wide registration strategy for applications in all global key crops.
- Date of first launch: 1997
Advantages and main customer benefits:
- Long-lasting control of a broad spectrum of insects.
- Reliable performance under a wide-range of growing conditions.
- Strong crop vigor and density to maximize crop potential.
- Fully compatible with genetically enhanced plants.
- Commercially applied by the seed company, it is a convenient way to replace soil and foliar insecticide applications.
- Supported by worldwide registrations to ensure free movement of treated seed within the global seed market.
- Safe for workers and the environment, if used correctly.
- High-quality formulations with low use rates for easy-to-handle application.
Big is beautiful
CRUISER seed treatment maximizes the growth potential of the crop by enabling early season vigor. There is a visible increase in bloom and fruit development. The active ingredient performs well under a wide range of weather conditions, on many different crops. Benefits to the crop include greater density, height, root length, stem diameter, number of leaves per plant and a higher yield. After the 30- to 40-day protection period, crops are treated against mid- to late-season pests with conventional spray insecticides.
Complete seed treatment solutions with best insecticide and fungicide products
CRUISER serves as a platform for complete seed treatment product solutions. HELIX is a combination product, based on thiamethoxam, developed specifically for canola in the USA and Canada for control of early-season soil and foliar insects and seed- and soil-borne diseases. Other insecticide and disease control combination products within the CRUISER portfolio are CRUISER OSR, CRUISER XL, CRUISER BLE, CELEST CR and APRON STAR.
Zooming in on the problem - leaving nature in soft focus
CRUISER has a minimal impact on non-target organisms such as birds, because it is only present on the seed surface and inside the plant. It is very safe for users and to the environment.
' It was the first time that I had used CRUISER and I have seen proof that the product is good. It controls the early-season pests, keeping the crop with a desired stand until the harvest. You see the 'real' value of CRUISER when you harvest.'
'We had a lot of flea beetle pressure in the county this year but the HELIX XTra seed treatment held the beetles back. You could really tell the difference between treated and untreated fields. The difference was like night and day.'