Layer Breeder Automatic Chain Feeding
Big Dutchman introduced the world‘s first automatic chain feeding system as early as 1938. Daily hand-feeding of the flock was very time-consuming, triggering the idea of an automatic feeder system: A new era dawned for the poultry industry. Thanks to its robust and simple principle, the chain feeding system has proved itself a million times over. The basic concept – feed hopper, drive unit, corner, trough and the CHAMPION feed chain – has remained unchanged.
The entire system, however, is continuously being improved and adapted to today’s requirements for modern poultry production. The Big Dutchman feed chain CHAMPION can be used for any type of production, including layer breeders kept in cages, pullets from their first day of life and laying hens. The chain also feeds broiler breeders reared on the floor and is furthermore a great option in alternative egg production.
- different conveying speeds of 12, 18 or 36 m/min, depending on the requirements;
- high conveying capacity of up to 1.5 t/h reduces the number of feedings;
- any type of feed can be used, e.g mash, pellets and crumbles;
- the feed is distributed uniformly and reliably, i.e. all birds receive the same amount and quality of feed, with minimum feed losses;
- controlled or ad libitum feeding are both possible, depending on the demand;
- the feed level in the trough can be adjusted with the feed level slide;
- the shape of the trough guarantees sufficient space for all birds: birds can feed from both sides without stress;
- the system can be suspended or installed on legs for floor management;
- cost-efficient feeding system;
- simple, thorough cleaning;
- low labour and maintenance requirements;
- robust system, long service life.