Cittadini spa has been working successfully for 80 years in the production of fishing nets. Operating since 1980 in Paderno Franciacorta in a very modern factory, the production has been structured in a complete, automated cycle by the installation of technologically superior machinery. Nets production has then been widened to other sectors: agriculture, building and industry. At the same time, for a strategic market diversification, highly specialized production lines have been set up to manufacture industrial sewing threads, twisted and air texturized yarns, natural or dyed, ropes and braids. Cage Nets, Protection Nets, Braids, Ropes and Sewing Threads.
- Cittadini spa has been working successfully for 80 yearsin the production of fishing nets.
- Operating since 1980 in Paderno Franciacorta in a very modern factory, the production has been structured in a complete, automated cycle by the installation of technologically superior machinery.
- Nets production has then been widened to other sectors:agriculture, building and industry.
- At the same time, for a strategic market diversification, highly specialized production lines have been set up to manufacture industrial sewing threads, twisted and air texturized yarns, natural or dyed, ropes and braids.
- In all its productions Cittadini spa pursues the same goal: obtaining the maximum quality standard through strict process control in all production steps, constant research and technological innovation to fully satisfy its customers’ requirements.
- Thanks to its company guidelines Cittadini spa has become a leader in Italy and Europe in the manufacturing of all kinds of nets, ropes, sewing threads and technical yarns. Its products have conquered all markets becoming synonimous with top quality at most competitive price.
Cittadini Spa’s history started in 1935, when Cesare Cittadini founded in Sulzano a crafts lab to manufacture fishing nets, a typical, traditional business on Iseo Lake.
In 1962 his son Giovanni turned the lab into a factory.
Giovanni, current director, added a rope plant and in 1972 widened the company opening a new production site in Marone. He carried out the first complete working cycle, introducing a twisting department for the manufacturing of nylon cords necessary for net weaving.
The fast, constant development of the nets company led to the creation of a more modern factory in Paderno Franciacorta, district of Brescia (in an area of 45,000 sm with 12,000 sm of covered facilities).
In that period the company became a joint-stock entreprise and was called Cittadini spa.
In the new site in Paderno Franciacorta the company productivity was furtherly expanded by the introduction of new looms, twisters and a dyehouse to dye nets and yarns. Thanks to the know-how achieved in the production of high-tenacity synthetic yarns, the company started to produce a wider range of yarns, industrial sewing threads and technical yarns for weaving, ribbon factories and other industrial applications.
In the 1990s the company was also provided with finishing workings (waxing, lubrication, spooling, etc.) for footwear braids and laces. They completed the offer of sewing threads sold in industrial packaging, king spools and flanges.
Four different production departments have developed inside Cittadini spa, which still characterize the company:
- manufacture of nets, diversified and widened: not only traditional fishing nets, but also nets for aquaculture, agriculture, sport, safety in building sector and other industrial innovative applications.
- manufacture of yarns, including different kinds of cords for all fishing nets and sewing threads, supplied natural or dyed in several standard and special colors, according to customer’s requirements.
- manufacture of ropes, used in manifold sectors, made of all synthetic fibers.
- manufacture of braids, made of various fibers and used in several applications. Thanks to its own finishing and dye departments, Cittadini spa is specialized in all high-tenacity braids, natural and dyed, waxed and lubricated, used in the sectors of footwear sewing, peltry and furnishing.
Experience, quality, technology and innovation:these are the guidelines of our company policy. We follow these basic principles to manufacture our products: nets, ropes, yarns and braids.
Nowadays the simple offer of products is not enough to be successful. The customer must be provided with a complete service to meet his more and more specific, complex needs.
Thanks to the experience and know-how developed through the years, a complete production cycle and finishing workings on products, we have achieved special competence in the manufacturing of our items and can also supply special articles according to the customer’s specific requirements.
Cittadini spa can count on a distinctive mix of technology and product knowledge you can’t normally find on the market. If you aren’t our customer yet, we are pleased to invite you to start a partnership with us and contact us when you need innovative products or solutions.
Our user-friendly products, their versatile applications and our staff’s competence allow us to solve all customer’s problems connected with different kinds of markets.
Our business mainly deals with:
- aquaculture nets
- fishing nets
- agriculture nets
- nets for building sector
- industrial nets
- industrial sewing threads
- twisted/air texturized yarns for weaving and technical use, natural or dyed
- footwear braids: natural, lubricated or waxed
- ropes made of synthetic fibers
We have been successful in these sectors. Our aims have been learning the typical characteristics of each of them and putting our competence, knowledge and passion at your disposal.
Cittadini spa has been working for over 70 years with several customers operating in different sectors, from the more traditional and historic one of fishing to the latest new generation yarns for innovative technological applications.
We have accompanied the evolution of modern fishing with the introduction of the first mechanic looms in Europe.We have been pioneers in the use of synthetic high-tenacity fibers (nylon, polyester) in the nets production. We have also introduced nylon monofilament “invisibile” nets in Italy and some innovative products in the textile sector.
Moreover, we have accompanied the passage to industrial fishing and its special requests for surrounding nets, until the creation of aquaculture nets. Our close relationship with customers and exclusive know-how allow us to propose innovative products and solutions at a competitive cost/performance rate. Cittadini spa is a worldwide recognized brand, synonymous of top quality.
We have applied this guidelines also to the production of yarns, ropes and braids. We have conquered a considerable part of the market because we can fully meet our customers’ requests. Through the years we have achieved a great competence we still use in the current manufacture of more and more technological and reliable products. We also guarantee effective service, fast delivery and attention to customer’s special requests.
For Cittadini spa “Quality” means supplying products that can fully satisfy the customer’s needs, offering distinctive service before purchase and effective assistance after purchase thanks to a technical staff of specialists.
We can count on innovative machinery and a complete production cycle. We can control directly all workings and finishings. We also select only the best raw materialand control the working process strictly.
Our inner lab is provided with the most precise testing tools (among which several dynamometers and a certified spectrophotometer). It controls the high quality standard of products, according to our guidelines.
We have invested a lot to make our service faster. Our company is provided with a warehouse for semi-finished and finished products, in particular yarns and braids. They are always available in several colors and counts.
Cittadini spa is aware that the basis for a successful business are effective research and development. That’s why we have always used the latest technology to offer our customers the most innovative products.
Thanks to our exclusive know-how achieved through the years, Cittadini spa has constantly adopted the best and most modern machinery to carry out automated and innovative processes worldwide unique.
All technologies used are environment-friendly, because the respect for our customer means respect for the environment where we all live.
In the past few years Cittadini spa has been investing in innovation and technology, proving to be one of the main European partners in the sector of nets and technical yarns.
Cittadini spa’s main goal has always been innovation of product and working process, to gain and maintain a leadership in its market sectors.
Our special technical know-how is the result of constant experiments on new fibers and productive processes. This has led to radical innovations in our technological plants and exclusive technological products.
To insure constant innovation, Cittadini spa is supported by specialized technicians, considerable financial investments, human resources and cooperation with the main national research institutes.
Cittadini spa is a member of EUROCORD and has recently started new cooperations with European universities and research institutes about the VI research program.