Ransomes Jacobsen’s long history begins in 1789 when Robert Ransome started his iron-foundry business with only £200. Then, in 1832, Ransomes built the world’s first lawn mower, the “Buddings Patent” and a turf care industry leader was born. Since then, Ransomes and later Ransomes Jacobsen has taken pride in providing superior quality turf maintenance equipment to customers around the world. Ransomes Jacobsen is trusted to maintain some of the world’s most prestigious and sacred areas, such as royal palace lawns, legendary golf courses, cemeteries, monuments and football pitches including those at the World Cup. As we look to the future of our industry, Ransomes Jacobsen will continue to build upon our legendary history through Quality, Innovation and Green Initiatives.
- Business Type:
- Industry Type:
- Market Focus:
- Globally (various continents)
This company also provides solutions for environmental applications.
Please, visit their profile in environmental-expert.com for more info.
Our mission is to be the premier supplier of high-quality turf equipment, utility vehicles, golf cars and tractors delivering superior performance for our customers while also working to be environmentally conscious.
From prestigious championship golf courses to the World Cup, for more than a century, the most important turf in the world has been manicured by our brands.
Ransomes Jacobsen® is recognised for high quality, competitive products and the most comprehensive range of turf care equipment in the business. We sell a wide range of products under the Jacobsen, Ransomes, E-Z-Go, Cushman, Smithco, Turfco, Ryan and Iseki brands.
This is complemented by our commitment to the environment, where we are probably the most fastidious manufacturer in the industry. We are still the only turf equipment manufacturer to be accredited with ISO 14001 certification, the international standard for environmental management.
Ransomes Jacobsen has produced some of the industry’s most important firsts including:
- The first steam plough in 1856
- The first petrol lawn mower in 1902
- Britain’s first battery-powered electric truck in 1920
- The first walking greens mower in 1923
- The first rotary mower for home use with four reversible cutting blades in 1955
- The first tractor-mounted, power-driven, five unit gang mower in 1964
- The first riding greens mower in 1968
- The first self-propelled high work rate ride-on triple mower in 1974
- The first turf groomer in 1986
- The first all electric triple mower in 1994
- The first magnetic bedknife in 2004
- The first hybrid walking greens mower in 2007 and,
- The first hybrid riding greens mower in 2009
- The first triplex mini flail mower in 2013