ESX - Model TC3G - Telematics Platform
In addition to wired communications interfaces such as a digital input and a digital output, 2 x CAN, Ethernet und RS232, the ESX-TC3G also provides a USB interface for service purposes. For data exchange via radio, an optional 2G/3G mobile radio connection, WLAN and Bluetooth are available. The ESX-TC3G is equipped with a GPS/GLONASS receiver for position determination. The ESX-TC3G is available in two different antenna versions, with integrated antennae or connections for external antennae.
The version with internal antennae achieves the IP protection class of IP67 and IP6k9k due to the SIM card slot integrated into the connector.
The ESX-TC3G can be deployed for many applications from the simple data logger, which wirelessly transmits the recorded operating data, right up to the central communications gateway, which unites very different communications standards. The hardware plays most on its strengths where the requirements for tightness, vibrations and temperature are at their maximum.
The open source-based Linux operating system for the ESX-TC3G provides the ideal basis for creating complex applications in a fast and uncomplicated manner. No further costs are incurred for licenses or expensive development tools. The development environment for the ESX-TC3G is based on freely-available tools. Various examples and documentation facilitates entry into the world of the ESX-TC3G.
- CAN: 2 x CAN 2.0 B (11 Bit and 29 Bit identifier), low/high-speed up to 1 Mbit/s
- RS232: (Serial connection) programmable baud rate
- Ethernet: IEEE 802.3, 10/100 Mbit
- USB: 1.1 / low & full-speed host interface
- Operating system: Linux operating system board support package (incl. source code) open source development environment
- Power supply: 9 ... 32 V DC
- Current consumption: 350 mA at 12V
- Internal temperature sensor:
- Extension boards
- 3-axis acceleration sensor: Wake-up function
- I/O´s: 1 digital input, 1 digital output
- TriColor LED: Freely-programmable signaling of operating statuses (visible through housing surface)
Available with extension board
- WLAN / Bluetooth: IEEE 802.11 a,b,g,n, Bluetooth® 2.1+EDR, Power Class 1.5; Full support for BT4.0 BLE and ANT
- Connector: 19-pole mobile-compatible connector (Tyco / AMP)
- Dimensions: Approx. 134 mm x 117 mm x 36 mm (5.28' x 4.61' x 1.42')
- Weight: 0.3 kg (0.67 lbs.)
- Requirements: Inspection acc. standards for vehicle, agricultural machinery and the construction machinery industry as well as CE conformity
- Temperature range: In operation: -30°C ... +70°C (-22°F ... +158°F) housing temperature