Vineyards, Orchards, Hops, Soft Fruit and Fruit Protection
Platipus Anchors are market leaders in the design, manufacture and supply of Percussion Driven Earth Anchoring Solutions (PDEA’s) for a wide range of market sectors. Founded in 1982, Platipus is renowned for providing some of the most innovative and cost effective anchoring solutions for the Civil Engineering, Landscape and, more recently, the Vineyard and Fruit Growing Industries.
Technology in the vineyard and fruit growing industry improves almost with every harvest. The anchoring point for any trellis or crop protection system, light or heavy, is usually the most important part of the structure, particularly when the fruit is ripening and the canopy is at its largest. Without a secure reliable anchor point the result could be catastrophic and costly.
- Over 30 years of experience
- A simple effective design & concept
- High grade heat treated aluminium alloy anchor head
- Unique anchor head design ensures installation in most compacted soils, including chalk
- Superior strength stainless steel solid wire with unique connection
- Fast and easy installation
- Immediate quantifiable loads, if required
- High performance standard anchor systems with an ultimate load up to 2000kg / 4000lbs, subject to soil conditions
- Up to 25 year anchor system design life in balanced neutral soil
- Ideal for new establishments or general maintenance
- A cost-effective alternative to traditional anchoring techniques