Now drip watering for your container plants, roses and seasonal color can be added to your existing sprinkler system. During hot weather, potted plants require constant care. And the traditional method of hose watering often results in “drench and drought” conditions that make for sickly plants. Our technicians can run small drip tubes to each container or plant location so water is applied each time sprinklers operate. Your plants will benefit from consistent, measured watering, leading to lush growth and beautiful blooms all season long.
Why Drip Irrigation?
The idea of slowly releasing water near the root zone of plants is a powerful one for modern irrigation systems. Plants receive water directly at the root level where it is required most. In an era where the cost of water is skyrocketing and shortages and restrictions are commonplace, Drip Irrigation is becoming an integral component of many irrigation systems.
How it Works
The Rain Rich team utilizes a wide variety of equipment to custom design a system to match your requirements. Some of these include:
- Drip emitters
- Micro sprays
- Techline Tubing
Rain Rich Drip Irrigation Systems are designed to allow water to be slowly absorbed into the soil, only when needed. Water is distributed to the plant only. This cuts down on the growth of weeds and eliminates water being wasted. Typically, Drip Irrigation will release ½ gallon per hour versus 2 gallon per minute for sprinkler heads. There is little to no loss to evaporation, or run-off since the water is delivered directly to the roots slowly.
The cost to install a Rain Rich Drip Irrigation System is relatively low and the benefits are huge:
- Save up to 50% on water costs
- Faster growth, healthier plants, and fewer pests
- Minimize and reduce soil erosion on slope areas
- Highly uniform distribution of water, same distribution at the 1st and last emitter
- Systems can be managed with AC or battery powered controllers, allowing automated irrigation in areas with no AC
- Plants can grow as needed, conventional spray systems need to be modified
- Designed especially for pots, containers, raised beds, and window boxes
- Avoid randomly watering your plants and the weeds
- Target where, when, and how often you water your plants
- Delivers precise application of nutrients. Nutrient applications can be better timed to meets plants’ needs
- Works great with the Rain Rich Fertigation System applying fertilizer and valuable bio-nutrients directly through your irrigation system
- Reduces vandalism especially in commercial properties