Model 19.33 - WET Sensor Kit
From Sensors & Monitoring
Also included in our product range is the WET sensor, to measure pore water conductivity and temperature in the top layer of a soil. The measurement values are shown on the display of the hand held meter and can be stored in the memory (including time and sensor location). These data can be read on a PC.
The WET sensor measures three vital soil properties directly within the soil: Water content, Electrical conductivity and Temperature. The sensor is unique in its ability to measure pore water conductivity, which is the EC of the water that is available to the plant. Traditionally this measurement has been made by the time-consuming and error-prone method of extracting pore water from the soil by suction, before measuring it with a standard conductivity meter. In contrast, the WET sensor is simply pushed into the soil (or other growing medium) and then read directly using the hand held meter.
The standard set includes: the WET sensor, a hand held meter, the software and a carrying case.
- Sensor can be used in field or on samples
- Readings can be stored with date and time
- Reads moisture%, bulk soil conductivity and T
- Push and read; no preparation
- Perfect to show changes in time or layers
- Perfect as mobile fast measuring system
- No stabilisation time
- Better accuracy after soil specific calibration
- Calibration correction e.g. in spreadsheet
- Salinity monitoring
- Plant nutrient status and fertigation
- Pollution and land reclamation
- Soil moisture mapping Specifications
- Maximum measuring depth: < 180 cm
- Measuring accuracy: perm. ±5%, 10 mS/cm, 1.5˚C
- Measuring principles: FD permittivity (volumetric + bulk soil conductivity)
- Measuring range: permittivity + 0 - 100%, 0-3 mS/cm, -5 - 50˚C
- Reading accuracy: 0.1%, 1 mS/m
- Registration type: digital
- Package size: 40 x 40 x 25 cm
- Volume of material needed: 500 ml
- Weight: 3 kg
- Irrigation research
- Soil moisture measurements
- Measuring ranges: permittivity 1 - 80, bulk conductivity 0 - 200 mS.m-1, temperature - 5 to 50°C, volumetric soil moisture 0 -1 m3.m-3.
- Accuracy: permittivity ±.2.5, bulk conductivity ± 10 mS.m-1, temperature ± 0.7, volumetric soil moisture ± 0.03 m3.m-3.
- Response time: ~5 seconds.
- Calibration: suitable for a variety of standard soil types.
- Environmental sealed to IP67, connector to IP65.
- Operating temperature: 0 to 50 °C.