With the introduction of Nitrate Vulnerable Zones to many areas the recording of nitrogen production and usage is now an essential requirement.
NVZdata has been designed to maintain the necessary records, perform the calculations and produce the required reports. It is available as a stand alone system or as part of CROPdata, FARMdata’s arable management system.
SIMPLE TO SET UP & OPERATE
Introducing nvzdata to your farm business involves no more preparation than would be required for your manual record keeping, entering your fields, sizes and soil types. It comes pre-loaded with all the tables needed to calculate a Fertiliser and Manure Plan and Livestock Nitrogen Production. All that is then required is the entry of your cropping plan, livestock numbers and fertiliser use. The system will, from this information, calculate the Fertiliser and Manure Plan and all the associated reports.
Fertiliser and Manure Plan for cropped areas, including adjustments for soil type, previous crop, manure applications, rainfall, intended market and delayed sowing.
- Fertiliser and Manure Plan for grassland, with adjustment for soil type and intended use. (e.g. grazing or silage)
- Spreading Limits & Areas for each field, with the calculation of individual field limits and overall farm limit.
- Livestock Excreta - the calculation of the total amount of nitrogen produced by the livestock on the farm.
- Slurry Production - the calculation of the total amount of nitrogen in the slurry produced and collected from the livestock on the farm.
- Livestock Manure - the listing by field of the organic manure applied, season in which it was applied and amount of nitrogen applied.
- Field Record Sheet - a detailed listing by field of the organic and in-organic nitrogen applied.