Model VR100 - General Purpose Ultrasonic Receiver
The VR100 is a general-purpose ultrasonic receiver designed for manual tracking of aquatic animals from small boats or for recording laboratory data.
It is also required as a surface communication deck box for remote communications with the VR2Tx Receiver, VR2AR Acoustic Release Receiver, and the HR2 High Residence Receiver. With the VR100 you can now communicate with these receivers while deployed to locate receivers, get health and detection statistics and provide easy, remote release of the VR2AR.
The VR100 can be used to track coded (both 69 and 180 kHz) tags as well as continuous tags simultaneously on a wide variety of animals ranging from salmon smolts to sharks. Depending on the transmitter type, the receiver can also collect telemetry data such as temperature, depth and acceleration.
The VR100 is used with the VH165 (50-85 kHz) and VH180 (180 kHz) omni-directional hydrophones, the VHTx (50-85 kHz) transponding omni-directional hydrophone, the VH110 (50-85 kHz) and VH180-D directional hydrophones. Directional hydrophones extend the receiver’s capabilities for real-time animal tracking studies. Note that all VEMCO hydrophones are sold separately.
- Serves as a communications deck box for the VR2Tx and VR2AR
- Detects all VEMCO coded (both 69 kHz and 180 kHz frequencies) and continuous tags
- Wide dynamic range permitting simultaneous detection of near and distant tags without gain adjustment
- GPS time and position display and data logging
- Improved sensitivity and noise rejection over conventional analog receivers
- Frequency range : 12 to 200 kHz
- Dimensions (approx.) : 34 cm x 32 cm (with handle extended) x 15 cm
- Weight with gel cell : 6.5 kg
- Battery life : Approximately 12 hours with backlight off
- PC communication : Computer controlled via USB connection
- Software : VR100 PC Host Software for Windows XP/Vista/7
- Gain control : Automatic or manual
- Hydrophone type : Omni-directional: VH165 (50-85 kHz), VH180 (180 kHz)
- Directional: VH110 (50-85 kHz)
- Display : 4 x 20 character LCD display
- Signal strength meter : LCD screen displays relative signal strength numerically and graphically
- Water resistance : Splash resistance