HydroNov - Water Recirculation Systems for Fish Production
Recent development in water recirculation systems for fish production are quite similar to those made for recirculated hydroponic plant production. New technologies now allow indoor production levels to 200Kg per square meter annually according to species, helping to overcome the dramatic decrease output from traditional wild fishing.
The development of water recirculation applied to fish production has made it possible to grow several fish species in a wide range of locations in the world. One of the main advantages is to save water while increasing production levels, thus helping to protect water resources while helping to feed the world.
Advantages of water recirculation technology applied to fish production:
- Capability to control temperature, oxygen, salinity and pH to maximize growth according to each species requirements.
- Protection against fish diseases.
- 98% reduction of water use.
- Complete control of waste emissions and effluent into environment.
- Gravity is used to start the recirculation process
- The Vortex removes sludge from the entering water
- The Drum Filters remove the particles in suspension
- UV-Filters kill bacteria and viruses
- Submerged biological filters remove ammonia and nitrites
- Oxygen and fresh water are added
- Pumps return the treated water to the fish tank
Taking advantage of its expertises with re-circulating production of vegetables and fish, HydroNov was able to conceive a commercially viable system by linking both production systems via a bio-digester capable to transform fish wastes in vegetables nutrients Thus opening the possibility to grow organic vegetables in this Bioponic system.