Model VF30 - 30 Watt Micro Grow LED Grow Light
The VF30 30W LED Grow Light was designed with efficiency and versatility in mind. While it may be the smallest light we offer, don’t let it fool you, the VF30 is a serious producer. Using a single VF30 is perfectly suited to small, personal grows in confined spaces and, because of our proprietary spectral output, you will enjoy faster growth rates, tight internode spacing, prolific flowering. Specifically designed for small-scale fruit, veggie & herb growing. This is the answer for a quick, easy way to grow your own food! Superior build-quality, performance, and reliability comes standard with every LED Grow Light from VeggieFresh LED.
The VF30 can be used as supplemental lighting for small greenhouse spaces or as the primary lighting source for indoor growing applications such as closets and cabinets. The size, footprint, and capabilities of this light makes it popular among individuals, and self-reliance gardeners. Explore our various LED grow tests to see our lights in action!
Seed Starting & Clones
All VeggieFresh LED Grow Lights are capable of seed starting and supporting clones. This model delivers very intense spectra of light which can overwhelm seedlings and clones – to compensate for it, you must keep the light at 20″ above most sprouts until the first sets of true leaves are formed or your clones are rooted. Height depends on the light needs of the particular plant being grown.
Because of the balanced light spectra we use, our lights offer unparalleled vegetative growth, resulting in thick-stemmed, stocky plants with plenty of branching and flowering sites. Suitable for growing vegetative-only plants such as lettuce, herbs, spinach, kale, and more. During vegetative growth, keep the light at a distance of 14-16″ from the tops of the plants.
Our lights were specifically designed to be versatile enough to grow both vegetative plants and flowering/fruiting plants. There is no need to change between output spectra or use a different light for flowering than for vegetative growth. Each light from VeggieFresh LED can help your plants thrive from seed or clone through flowering stage. Our users experience the same or better flowering using our lights than using HPS. Please contact us for proper setup instructions. During flowering stage, keep the light at a distance of 10-12″ from the canopy.
The core coverage area for this light is 1′ x 1′ as a primary light source. If used as a supplemental light, coverage increases depending on the light intensity needed.
- 3w Diodes – High-Powered Diodes allow for greater intensity which translates into higher yield for you! But as you increase individual diode wattage, it becomes less efficient. After testing 1w, 3w, 5w and higher diodes, we feel that the 3w is the sweet spot between intensity and efficiency with current technology.
- TruWatt™ Technology – Many companies sell lights based on nominal wattage instead of actual wattage as a marketing gimmick but not VeggieFresh LED. For example, the VF30 uses 21 3w diodes for a total nominal wattage of 63 watts (3w x 21 diodes). But because each wavelength requires different input power, the actual wattage is always less than nominal. We sell lights based on actual wattage – that is, the power consumed by the light and directed to your plants. The VF30 LED Grow Light delivers 30 TruWatts™.
- Daisy-Chain Ready – Link multiple units together and still use only one wall outlet. This enables growers to spend less on building out the grow space and simplifies installation.
- Secondary Lenses – On their own, diodes lose a portion of their intensity as unfocused light escapes from the edges. The secondary lenses on each light recaptures that lost intensity and delivers it straight to your plants. This means you can grow taller plants with more flowering sites which, of course, results in bigger yields.
- Modular Design – Each diode cluster is easily replaceable for warranty service or upgrade. In the unlikely event of a power supply failure, replacement is quick and easy. Every unit has multiple power supplies so that if one fails, a portion of the light will still operate and your plants will not suffer.
- USA & International Plugs – We will supply the appropriate power cord for your country – 100-240V.